Braintree Town boss Alan Devonshire eyeing new forward
BRAINTREE Town boss Alan Devonshire will cast his eye over a striker ahead of the Iron’s clash at AFC Telford in the Blue Square Bet Premier League on Saturday.
Devonshire saw debutant loan striker Britt Assombalonga score then receive his marching orders for his second yellow card towards the end of Tuesday night’s 3-3 draw at Lincoln City.
The Watford loanee’s dismissal leaves Devonshire with just one recognised striker, Sean Marks, ahead of the game against Andy Sinton’s side, with Ben Wright set to sit out the last game of a three-match suspension.
“We are looking at possibly bringing in a forward, who has played higher than the Conference, ahead of the weekend and we will be having a look at him in training on Thursday night,” said Devonshire, who saw Assombalonga receive a second yellow for simulation, according to the referee.
“We can’t appeal Britt’s dismissal because he received two yellow cards.
You may also want to watch:
“I don’t want to say too much otherwise I will get into trouble but I really felt for the lad.
“He was caught by the goalkeeper as he went round him but tried to stay on his feet and did not appeal.”
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 7 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 8 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 9 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 10 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke