Braintree Town duo feature for England C in Russia
NATHAN McDonald and Kenny Davis, of Braintree Town, both made appearances off the bench as England C lost 4-0 in Russia in the International Challenge Trophy match.
Davis and McDonald were introduced in the 71st and 77th minute, on both occasions with the score at 3-0.
Goalkeeper McDonald’s first real action was to try and save a penalty kick, but he guessed the wrong way as the hosts wrapped up the scoring.
“We set about our game plan and it worked for 27 minutes. We almost scored and Jonathan Hedge did not have a shot to save, but two bad errors undid all our good work,” said manager Paul Fairclough.
“I would have been happy going in one down at half time but to go in at 2-0 down meant that we had to change things around and this allowed the Russians to expose us more as the game progressed.
You may also want to watch:
“We were beaten by a quality side and we are now faced with going to Belgium in September knowing that we must win to qualify for the semi-final.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win