Chelsea chase Cavani as QPR close in on Carvalho and Dawson
CHELSEA have continued their pursuit of long-time target Edinson Cavani by making a �35million bid for the striker.
Roberto Di Matteo is widely reported in the national media to be making a new offer for the Uruguayan, who scored 23 goals in Serie A last season, as he looks to improve his attacking options.
Chelsea are also rumoured to be closing in on signing young German striker Andre Schurlle, although it would take a bid of around �23.5million lure the 21-year-old away from Bayer Leverkusen (Daily Star).
The Blues former centre-back Ricardo Carvalho is one of two high-profile defenders set to move to QPR this week (Metro). The Real Madrid defender looks likely to move to Loftus Road in a one-year loan deal, where he will also be joined by Tottenham’s Michael Dawson. The Spurs centre-back is heading to West London in a �9 million deal (Various).
Mark Hughes is also believed to be interested in signing a new goalkeeper after Saturday’s 5-0 opening day defeat, with former Celtic keeper Artur Boruc a potential target (Daily Mail).
You may also want to watch:
Tottenham are closing in on Shakhtar Donetsk striker Willian as they look to boost their attacking options, although it could a take a �20million deal to bring the Brazilian to White Hart Lane (Daily Mail). The club have already completed the signing of Manchester City forward Emmanuel Adebayor, who scored 18 goals for Spurs when on loan at the club last season.
Newcastle’s Danny Simpson has been linked with an away move to La Liga side Espanyol, as the 25-year-old has yet to agree a new deal on his contract which expires this summer (The Sun).
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 8 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England
Alan Pardew’s side are also looking to bolster their back four by trying to sign FC Twente defender Douglas. The �4.5million rated centre-back is also wanted by Fulham (Daily Star).
Their North-east rivals Sunderland are aiming to sign Manchester City’s young forward John Guidetti, after the 20-year-old impressed on loan last season with Feyenoord (The Sun).
Meanwhile, former Black Cats manager Steve Bruce is planning on raiding his former club by signing midfield duo David Meyler and Ahmed Elmohamady for Hull City (Daily Star).
Also in the Championship, Blackburn Rovers are believed to have made a new �6million offer to Huddersfield Town for ex-ITFC striker Jordan Rhodes (Daily Mirror).