Chelsea fail in bid for wonderkid
BRAZILIAN side Santos have turned down a �17million offer for teenager Neymar from Chelsea.
Regarded as one of the most gifted young talents in the world, Neymar has scored 32 goals in 33 games this year and the club have already turned down a �12m bid by West Ham earlier this month.
A release clause in the 18-year-old’s contract is estimated at �29.6m, and the Brazilian club insist they will not do a deal for less than that, although an improved offer at around �22m could reportedley make them sell.
A statement by the club said; “Late on Tuesday morning, Santos FC received an official offer from Chelsea for the economic rights of Neymar. President Luis Alvaro de Oliveira Ribeiro has sent a response to the English club thanking them for their interest and reiterating the fact that Santos FC have no interest.”
Meanwhile, Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck has warned Ashley Cole against leaving the London club for Real Madrid, saying the grass is no greener in the Spanish capital.
You may also want to watch:
The Chelsea and England left-back feels hounded in England, where his every movement is tracked by the paparazzi and this is thought as the main reason Cole would want to escape life in England.
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 7 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 8 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 9 Donacien's 'feeling the love' after returning from the Ipswich Town shadows
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following three-car crash near Bury St Edmunds