Dos Santos could quit Mexico squad
Former Ipswich Town loanee Giovani Dos Santos is considering quitting Mexico’s World Cup according to his father.
FORMER Ipswich Town loanee Giovani Dos Santos could dramatically quit Mexico’s World Cup squad just days before the finals.
That is according to his father Zizinho who says his family are furious at omission of Giovanni’s brother – Jonathan Dos Santos – from Mexico coach Javier Aguirre’s 23-man squad
Zizinho hinted Tottenham winger Giovani – who scored four goals in six starts for Ipswich in 2009 – was now considering his future on the basis of yesterday’s squad selection.
“Gio is very hurt and he wants to be at home with us,’’ said Zizinho, himself a former professional player in South America.
You may also want to watch:
“He is there now and he’s not well. We don’t know if he will play (at the World Cup) or not. We still don’t know anything.’’
And Zizinho added that Jonathan will not make himself available for international selection.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 4 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 8 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 9 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win
He said: “Jonathan told me that he is going to quit the Mexican team and I don’t want him playing for them anymore anyway.”