Eto’o proud to be African
Cameroon and Inter Milan striker Samuel Eto’o says it is a dream come true that he World Cup is being played in South Africa.
CAMEROON and Inter Milan striker Samuel Eto’o says it is a dream come true that he World Cup is being played in South Africa.
The 29-year-old cannot wait for their opening match in the tournament on Monday, when they face Japan in Bloemfontein.
“It is incredible. I’ve always had this dream of playing in the World Cup in Africa and it’s about to become a reality, ‘’ he told the Mail & Guardian.
“When I’m in South Africa it will be the same as if I’m back in Cameroon. I’ve always said that, even before Cameroon, I belong to Africa. I might live in Europe but I sleep in Africa.”
You may also want to watch:
Eto’o celebrated his first season in Serie A by winning the treble – including the Champions League.
He added: “I’m so proud to be African in this World Cup.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 3 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 5 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 6 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 7 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 8 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 9 Hadleigh dad fights to reverse diabetes diagnosis
- 10 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
“Like most Africans I had to work much harder and show much deeper belief than others.
“Most people see Africa only in terms of poverty and war, famine and disease. But this World Cup gives us the chance to show something different.
“I think the whole world is going to be really surprised by Africa. This could be the best World Cup in history.”