Fabregas signs for Barcelona
Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas has finally joined Barcelona in a �35m deal.
In a statement on the club’s website, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said: “We have been clear that we didn’t want Cesc to leave and that remains the case.
“However, we understand Cesc’s desire to move to his home town club and have now accepted an offer from Barcelona.
“We thank Cesc for his contribution at Arsenal and wish him future success.”
It comes after two years of speculation around Fabregas’ future, with the midfielder having been repeatedly linked with a return to the club he left in 2003 aged 16.
You may also want to watch:
There could be yet more bad news for Arsenal in the coming days, with fellow midfielder Samir Nasri also expected to leave the Emirates and complete a big-money move to Manchester City.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 7 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 8 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win