Five players released from Ipswich Town
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town manager Mick McCarthy has told five young players that they will not be awarded new contracts in the summer.
David October, Mark Timlin, Jonathan Leddy, Tom Winter and Jordan Adekunle have all been informed they are free to find new clubs.
Adekunle signed for the Blues in August, after featuring against Town in a friendly for Crawley, but has never featured for the first-team.
The remaining quartet, including October – who has been on-loan at Histon this season, were all handed one-year professional deals last year but will not be extending their stays at Portman Road
“It’s the worst week in my season, having to tell them and explain to them why we have to let them go,” McCarthy said.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s for the good of them as much as anyone else. I’ve spoken to the Academy staff, the U21s and TC. We’ve all had a say and we all agree. We’re not saying they are not going to be players. It’s just we believe it won’t be here.”
The five will continue to train at Playford Road while they look for new clubs.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 6 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 7 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 8 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 9 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 10 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot