Football from the old school
HERE is a fantastic picture from 90-year-old Mr Reg Dale of the Yoxford School team from 1931-32.They were winners of the Halesworth Hospital Cup.Reg said: “The headmaster was Mr Jennings and I got the cane off him a few times I can tell you.
HERE is a fantastic picture from 90-year-old Mr Reg Dale of the Yoxford School team from 1931-32.
They were winners of the Halesworth Hospital Cup.
Reg said: “The headmaster was Mr Jennings and I got the cane off him a few times I can tell you.
You may also want to watch:
“I used to play outside right and one of my tricks used to be to pass direct from outside right straight across the pitch to outside left.
“Our colours were red and white stripes I think.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
“I always played for Yoxford and no-one else and I remember painting the goal-posts on many occasions - mainly to get out of doing arithmetic!”
Thanks Reg for that and happy 90th birthday for last week from all of us here at the Green'Un, and here are the team names, with a couple missing (can you help name them?)
Yoxford School with the Halesworth Shield 1931-32:
Back row, left to right: Charlie Newston, ?, ?, P W Kerridge.
Middle row, left to right: Reg Dale, K Mayhew, Eric Davis (capt), Wagger Newson, George Brown
Front row, left to right: Percy Newson and F Hester.
Why don't you send in your old team photos like Reg did? Good photo-copies are acceptable.