Football Rumours: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger targets Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
ARSENE Wenger is reportedly targeting Dutch striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar to boost his attacking options in the January transfer window.
Despite splashing out �24million for Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud in the summer, Arsenal manager Wenger is in the market for another striker and is believed to have been impressed by the former Ajax, Real Madrid, and AC Milan forward.
The 29-year-old has scored in both Schalke’s Champions League ties against the Gunners this season.
Meanwhile, Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is planning bids for 26-year-old Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao, Porto winger James Rodriguez, 21, and 25-year-old Napoli forward Edinson Cavani.
Abramovich may have upset the Chelsea supporters by sacking Roberto Di Matteo and installing Rafa Benitez as his replacement as interim manager but he could have them back on his side with another transfer surge.
You may also want to watch:
Falcao has a �44m clause in his contract, Rodriguez’s is �36m and it will cost the Chelsea owner �48m if he wishes to prize Uruguay international Edinson Cavani.
Manchester City have made a �15m move for Crystal Palace sensation Wilfried Zaha.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 4 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 5 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 6 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 7 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 8 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
The Premier League champions are willing to pay �12million up front and a further �3million in add-ons for the new England international – and would be happy to loan him back to Selhurst Park until the summer.
Tottenham have been dealt a blow in a bid to land Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic.
Spurs have been told by the player’s agent he will not sign for another club until the end of the season – and the Bosnian has been valued at �12million.
Elsewhere, Blackburn have told goalkeeper Paul Robinson he can leave, while Aston Villa are battling Fiorentina to sign 19-year-old Nancy left-back Massadio Haidara and Andre Villas-Boas has blocked Brad Friedel’s return to Blackburn.
Liverpool are confident of finalising a �6m deal for Blackpool’s Tom Ince and will look to add Daniel Sturridge for a further �12m.
Meanwhile, Anfield midfielder Lucas Leiva has touted fellow Brazilian Leandro Damiao, currently plying his trade with Internacional, as the man to bolster the Reds’ forward line.
And finally, Everton manager David Moyes was in Norway on Thursday, along with assistant Steve Round and coaches David Weir and Andy Holden, to watch Molde defender Vegard Forren, 24, in the Europa League against FC Copenhagen.