Fulham set sights on Sven
FULHAM have reportedly made Sven Goran-Eriksson their main target for the vacant managerial position.
Eriksson has re-emerged as a leading contender after Martin Jol ended his interest in the job on Thursday to commit his future to Ajax.
It is though the former England manager, who took charge of the Ivory Coast at the World Cup finals, would commit to London life if he was offered the job, although the African nation have expressed their desire for him to remain in charge.
The Swede, who worked well with Fulham’s chief executive, Alistair Mackintosh, during their time together at Manchester City, has ‘unfinished business’ in the Premier League according to his agent Athole Still.
“Of course he has unfinished business there. He was in my view outrageously sacked from his position at Manchester City.
You may also want to watch:
Still added; “It’s a very attractive club (Fulham), not just for Sven-Goran Eriksson.
There has been no contact whatsoever. We’ve know for several weeks that Sven was one of the managers under consideration for the job.”
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
Meanwhile, current Cardiff City manager Dave Jones has also been linked to the tenure at Craven Cottage, but the Welsh club were swift to deny such reports; “Neither the club nor the manager have received an approach from Fulham Football Club regarding the vacant manager’s job at Craven Cottage.”