Hamsik happy with World Cup attention
SLOVAKIA captain Marek Hamsik believes the hysteria surrounding the World Cup will not affect his players.
This summer is the country’s first time at the finals and the level of interest in the country is huge.
The Slovaks face a friendly against Costa Rica in Bratislava this Saturday before they jet out to South Africa.
Media calls and book signings have now become a big part in the sides preperations yet it seems it hasn’t distracted the newcomers from the big stage.
“We are pleased that the people of Slovakia are so interested in our progress at the World Cup.” Hamsik said.
You may also want to watch:
“Therefore I am personally very pleased to deal with signatures and pose for pictures and movies. It’s for their memories.
“Perhaps such events to help popularise football in our country even more is just what our sport needs.’’
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 8 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 9 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners
- 10 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'