Hoops seal Hooper signing
CELTIC have secured the signing of Gary Hooper from Championship outfit Scunthorpe United for �2.5million.
Previously a reported target of Ipswich, the former Iron striker has expressed his delight at joining the Glasgow club: “Celtic is a massive club and when I knew they were interested they were the only club I wanted to come to.”
The 22-year-old met up with his new team-mates this morning before the squad flew to Portugal for their upcoming Champions League tie against Braga.
Manager Neil Lennon said: “I don’t know about playing but he will be in the squad.
“I was pleased to get him, he has been on our radar for quite a while. I think we have a good player on our hands; his record is very good. It’s not just goals, he can play a little bit as well and there were a lot of clubs after his signature.”
You may also want to watch:
The new striker is looking forward to his trip: “I’m a little bit nervous, it’s the first time I’ve travelled abroad for a game,” he said. “But I am looking forward to it and ready to meet my team-mates.”
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 4 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 5 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 7 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 8 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 9 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
- 10 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight