Innovation Martlesham firms Coderus and GlazeAlarm team up to create new security system
- Credit: Archant
Two technology businesses based at BT’s Adastral Park complex at Martlesham Heath have teamed up to create an innovative security system.
Software development company Coderus has designed an app to complement the GlazeAlarm, a wireless security sensor developed by Armco Key Security.
The GlazeAlarm, fitted within a double-glazing unit, uses the app – installed on a smart devices – to deliver an alert in the event of the window being broken.
Mark Thomas, chief executive of Coderus, said: “Working with GlazeAlarm has proved to be an interesting project for us, utilising a wide range of our skills.
“It’s another great example of how Coderus can provide full stack development for a joint embedded and mobile application. We look forward to being able to support the full launch of their innovative glazing security system in the coming months.”
Coderus and GlazeAlarm are both members of Innovation Martlesham, the cluster organisation for technology-related businesses based on and around Adastral Park.
Ian Branagan, chief executive of GlazeAlarm, added: “The East of England is a great place for innovation and developments across many technologies.
- 1 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 2 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 3 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
- 4 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
- 5 Suffolk letting agent admits swindling customers out of £80,000
- 6 Complaints of 'terrible smell' coming from Melton animal crematorium
- 7 Road closed as emergency services called to single-vehicle crash
- 8 Fire crews extinguish large playing field fire in Suffolk village
- 9 Police seize lorry on A14 after driver had no licence or insurance
- 10 McKenna on Ball injury latest and Keogh's first Town appearance
“There are many exciting technological developments happening in Innovation Martlesham and Adastral Park, which is great to be part of.
“Thanks to Coderus’s support we are able to provide customers with the technology they require to monitor their home or office security and energy efficiency remotely.,” he added.