Keane to cross the pond?
Tottenham striker Robbie Keane has been linked with a shock move to LA Galaxy.
The Irish international has been the subject of much speculation this summer having been deemed surplus to requirements at White Hart Lane, with Bolton, Blackburn and Leicester all rumoured to have shown an interest in the 31-year-old.
In a statement released on Saturday, a spokesman for LA Galaxy said: “We are always looking to improve our squad and have contacted or been contacted by a host of players during the current transfer window.
“As soon as we have something confirmed in regards to any potential player acquisitions we will be sure to alert everyone.”
The much-travelled Keane has enjoyed a stellar career so far, enjoying spells at Wolves, Coventry, Inter Milan, Leeds and Liverpool, as well as becoming the Republic of Ireland’s leading goalscorer with 53 goals in 108 appearances.
You may also want to watch:
Yet he has found himself well down the pecking order at Tottenham in recent times, spending the back-end of last season on loan at West Ham, and could make the move across the Atlantic to team up with David Beckham in LA.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'