Leiston continue winning form
- Credit: James Ager
Two excellent wins on the road for the Blues in the past week, with Tuesday night’s first half display at Canvey Island one of the best for many seasons.
Last Saturday at Wingate & Finchley the team turned in a dominant display yet only came away with a single goal win.
After creating and squandering numerous openings we feared these may come back to haunt us late in the game but in the end the seventeenth minute goal from Joe Francis, his eighth of the season, was enough to secure the points.
Achieving back to back away wins in this division is a very tall order, especially with the second game a midweek trip to Canvey Island.
But the team was simply irresistible in the opening forty five minutes totally over-running our hosts. The three goal interval lead was no surprise such was our display with a brace from Gareth Heath and the other from Stuart Boardley.
You may also want to watch:
In the second period Canvey utilised the wind and reduced the arrears with two goals in ten minutes but there was no way the Blues would give up their lead and deservedly secured back to back wins on our travels for the first time this season and the first time since February last year.
The win moves us nicely up into the top half of the League as our bright start to the New Year continues.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 7 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 8 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 9 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
Tomorrow we return to home action as Margate are the visitors to Victory Road. Following the match there is a supporters meeting in the club and all are welcome to come along and discuss a multitude of topics so please, pop along to have a chat.