Were you at Bandbox's Valentine party for youngsters in 2005?
- Credit: John Kerr/Archant
Were you among the youngsters at the Lowbiza Valentine's party at the Bandbox in Felixstowe in 2005?
Our photographer went along to the fun event - and if you were there you might spot yourself in our Days Gone By gallery.
The event was organised as part of the Lowbiza youth initiative, arranged by a partnership including local authorities and police.
The aim was to provide a safe club scene for young people, so the party was alcohol-free and held earlier in the evening than usual nightclub events, to make it more accessible.
Our photos show the young teenagers dancing and really enjoying the atmosphere, as well as taking part in karaoke.
The Bandbox nightspot on Bent Hill was a popular place to be in the early and mid-2000s, and its events featured in the Evening Star's Caught Out column.
The Bandbox and Splitz bar were based in part of the former Grand Hotel, which dates back to the 1890s. The Grand bar and restaurant is now based in the part of the historic building, although it has had to close during lockdown.
If these photos bring back memories, email firstname.lastname@example.org To order photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Man dies following collision on A12
- 2 Mouldy scone leads to bakery firm being fined £9k for hygiene breaches
- 3 'Cook changes it for Ipswich... I never thought it would happen for them before' - Gillingham boss Evans
- 4 New collision beams 'catching drivers out' at Suffolk's 'most bashed' bridge
- 5 Cook's first press conference: New Town boss on aims, style, takeover rumours and his squad
- 6 'Landmark' refusal of 18 homes in Suffolk village aided by community
- 7 'I have a clear style of play... that will be evident from day one' - Cook on Town's identity
- 8 'I turned down jobs... Ipswich ticks every single box' - Cook on why he took the Ipswich role
- 9 Horse found abandoned in field so over-bred rescuers thought she was a cow
- 10 A12 re-opens following serious three-vehicle crash