Colourful carnivals - are you in these photos from the 1970s to 1990s?
- Credit: Archant
Have you ever got all dressed up to ride on a carnival float?
These traditional events have been a summer highlight for many people over the years.
Today we're looking back at carnival fun around Suffolk and north Essex from the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s.
Our gallery includes photos from Sudbury Carnival, which was originally due to take place on August 8 this year but was cancelled due to Covid-19.
The colourful event was resurrected a few years ago after a break of more than 20 years.
Also featured are photos Colchester Carnival, which has been running for many years and is planning a return in 2022.
You may also want to watch:
And there are memories of Saxmundham Carnival in the 1980s and 1990s.
To order photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 North Stander: Bonne's becoming a Blues icon - now we have to start winning