Did you take part in these school Christmas celebrations?
- Credit: Archant
The run-up to Christmas is always an exciting time at Suffolk schools, with a whole range of festive events.
Today we are looking back at fun activities which youngsters around the area have taken part in over the years.
Our gallery features events from the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s onwards, including pantos and Christmas plays.
There is a photo of Hadleigh High School pupils admiring a Christmas cake in 1979, and Copleston students in Ipswich taking part in a festive fancy dress day in 1985.
Of course, school Christmas dinner is always a big occasion, and another photo shows Chantry students in Ipswich enjoying their meal in 1973.
You may also want to watch:
A more recent photo shows a rehearsal for a Christmas concert by Stowupland High School pupils in 2004.
What are your memories of festive events at schools around the area? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
To order photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 2 Ipswich Town 'disappointed' at newspaper stance - Evans stands by Lambert
- 3 COMMENT: Paul Lambert's record at Ipswich Town is not good enough - it's time for change
- 4 Closure of Debenhams stores in Suffolk and north Essex confirmed
- 5 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
- 6 'I don't agree... I'm doing what's best for my career' - new signing Thomas responds to Ismael's 'unprofessional' accusations
- 7 Critical care full and nearly 700 patients fighting Covid in hospital
- 8 These are the neighbourhoods in Suffolk where Covid rates are still rising
- 9 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 10 More than 1,700 Covid patients now discharged from hospitals