Can you spot yourself in our cross country running gallery?
- Credit: Archant
Do you remember trekking through muddy fields on cross country runs?
Today we're looking back at the sport in the 1970s, 80s and 90s.
Cross country has been a key part of games lessons for decades, helping students keep fit and get lots of fresh air.
But, while some youngsters love to get out of the classroom and into the open air, others may not be quite so keen on running, especially in the cold and wet.
Our gallery features photos of school events as well as Suffolk schools cross country races, where the best young runners in the county battled it out.
You may also want to watch:
Of course, adults also take part in the sport, and our gallery features an Essex police cross country run.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 9 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe