Can you spot yourself in our cross country running gallery?
- Credit: Archant
Do you remember trekking through muddy fields on cross country runs?
Today we're looking back at the sport in the 1970s, 80s and 90s.
Cross country has been a key part of games lessons for decades, helping students keep fit and get lots of fresh air.
But, while some youngsters love to get out of the classroom and into the open air, others may not be quite so keen on running, especially in the cold and wet.
Our gallery features photos of school events as well as Suffolk schools cross country races, where the best young runners in the county battled it out.
You may also want to watch:
Of course, adults also take part in the sport, and our gallery features an Essex police cross country run.
- 1 Infection rates drop in Suffolk as UK records deadliest day of pandemic
- 2 Controversial plans that would double village in size set for approval
- 3 Electricity restored to almost 500 homes following power cut
- 4 Hadleigh rated as one of the worst areas for coronavirus deaths in England
- 5 Man drove 128 miles for fish and chips in lockdown
- 6 Temporary mortuary to open as virus deaths continue to increase
- 7 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 8 Timeline: When can you expect to receive the Covid vaccine?
- 9 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex
- 10 Two more League One clubs make approaches for Ipswich Town defender Donacien