Gone fishing - are you in our photos from 1960s-1980s?
- Credit: Archant
Fishing has often been described as one of Britain's most popular sports. Have you taken part over the years?
Suffolk has a huge range of places where anglers can enjoy their sport, from rivers and lakes to sea angling.
Our latest Days Gone By gallery features both children and adults trying to hook a big fish.
And there are also memories of anglers' prize-givings and awards nights.
While most of the photos here are to do with angling, there's also an intriguing photo of large fishing nets being mended on Aldeburgh beach.
You may also want to watch:
The most surprising thing about this picture is that famous entertainer Danny La Rue is one of those mending the nets. Do you remember this or know why he was there?
To order copies of photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 7 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight