Were you among those celebrating when Ipswich Town won UEFA Cup?
- Credit: Archant
It was 40 years ago today! What are your memories of when Ipswich Town made history by winning the UEFA Cup?
Did you travel to the Netherlands to watch the second leg of the final against AZ 67 Alkmaar, where the Blues came away with the coveted trophy?
Our photo gallery shows excited fans celebrating in Ipswich after ITFC brought the Cup home.
Some climbed on to roofs and even up a lamppost to ensure they got a good view of the team and the trophy.
However, there was also a chance to see the Cup at other occasions around the area.
You may also want to watch:
It went on show at Framlingham Gala later in May, and youngsters also got a chance to hold it at Westbourne School in Ipswich.
If you would like to share your memories of the UEFA Cup win, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To order photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week