September memories - first days at school and going back for autumn term
- Credit: Archant
As children start the new school year, today we're looking back to past autumn terms.
Can you spot yourself, a family member or any familiar faces in these September school photos from the 1960s through to the early 2000s?
Some of the photos show youngsters starting school for the first time in Reception class.
There are also memories of the opening of a new school, Coldfair Green School in Knodishall, in 1975.
Others feature different events from the first month of school - including celebrations of school centenaries and prize presentations.
The current start of the school year is very different from usual, amid the continuing pandemic, with Covid testing in place.
But children setting out on their school career, or moving to a new school, are just as excited as ever about the start of a new era.
If you would like to order copies of these photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449
- 1 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Ipswich Town 6-0 Doncaster Rovers: Evans leads the way as ruthless Blues cut loose under the lights
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse