Did you take part in any of these protests in 1970s, 80s and 90s?
- Credit: Archant
Have you ever taken part in a protest march or demo?
Our Days Gone By photo gallery recalls some of the issues which have brought people out on the streets of Suffolk and north Essex over the years.
Some of the pictures are of local issues, such as axing of a school lollipop patrol.
Others are of national issues, including a protest over the controversial and short-lived poll tax in 1990.
Also featured here are marches by firefighters and Post Office workers.
You may also want to watch:
And anti-nuclear protests are recalled too, including an anti-Sizewell march and an anti-nuclear weapons protest, both from the 1980s.
Do these photos bring back memories for you, and can you recognise any familiar faces?
To share your memories, email email@example.com
If you want to order photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 4 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 5 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 8 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 9 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 10 Town set to learn Carabao Cup and Papa John's Trophy opponents