Bucket-and-spade fun - do you remember days out at the seaside?
- Credit: Archant
Holidays in the UK are hugely in demand at the moment - and today we're looking back at summer fun close to home over the years.
Long before the current "staycation boom" due to Covid 19, many people were enjoying all kinds of holiday activities on their doorsteps.
Suffolk and north Essex have an impressive choice of beaches to discover.
Our latest Days Gone By photo gallery features people relaxing and soaking up the sun on the sands and shingle at resorts including Felixstowe and Clacton, as well as enjoying seaside amusements.
Sandcastle competitions have often proved popular with youngsters, while an amber hunt at Southwold provided a more unusual seaside contest.
You may also want to watch:
Can you spot any familiar faces in these photos, and do they bring back memories of past summers?
To order copies of these photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites