Do you remember these spectacular biking stunts from 1960s to 1980s?
- Credit: Archant
Have you seen any daring BMX and motorbike stunts around Suffolk over the years?
Today we are looking back at some of the most amazing stunts performed around the area in the 1960s, 70s and 80s.
Suffolk Cyclomaniacs put on some spectacular shows during the 1960s, appearing around Suffolk and Norfolk.
Our photos feature some impressive stunt riding by Suffolk rider William "Billy" Dawes, including a daring stunt where he took on a wall of fire. Mr Dawes passed away last year.
Also featured in the Cyclomaniacs pictures is Bert Dearman, who went on to manage stunt rider Eddie Kidd and speedway legend Ivan Mauger.
You may also want to watch:
Our Days Gone By gallery also includes a performance by the Canadian Auto Circus in 1973, and BMX stunts at the Ipswich Gala and Fete in 1981.
To order photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 7 pretty villages in Suffolk