Listed home in Suffolk's 'Harry Potter village' is for sale
- Credit: Carter Jonas
A rare Grade II listed barn conversion has come up for sale in Lavenham, one of the best-preserved medieval villages in the country - and frequently a star of the silver screen.
Lavenham has appeared in a number of films and television shows but one of its most recent roles was in 2010, when it was used as a location for the filming of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
The village was transformed into Godric's Hollow, a fictional town where Harry lived with his parents. The nearby Guildhall was also used, providing the setting for his parents' derelict house.
Now for sale at a guide price of £480,000, this converted two-bedroom barn on Prentice Street embodies all the character you would expect, complete with a quirky 'leaning' structure and plenty of period details.
The property dates back to the 17th century but has been recently improved. Highlights include a comfortable reception room with studwork and glazing, classic pamment flooring in the dining room and kitchen and a good-sized sitting room with a huge exposed chimney breast at the centre.
You may also want to watch:
Upstairs there is a spacious en suite master bedroom, family bathroom and second double bedroom.
The property also offers a basement, off-street parking and a separate garden, which has access to a running stream and lots of country walks. It is also well-served by local amenities.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 8 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 9 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 10 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
For more information, contact Carter Jonas.
Prentice Street, Lavenham
Guide price: £480,000
Carter Jonas, 01787 882881, www.carterjonas.co.uk
Would you like to stay up to date with the latest property news in your area? Sign up to our East Anglian Daily Times newsletter for our pick of the best local property stories.