Look inside historic 6-bedroom home in village setting
- Credit: Jim Tanfield/Inscope Images
This historic six-bedroom country house in the village of Brome, near Eye, has gone on the market for £895,000.
Believed to date from the late 1600s, Chequers has around 2.7 acres of grounds, including woodland and lawned gardens.
It is on the market with Jackson-Stops in Ipswich, after having been in the ownership of the same family for nearly 65 years.
The home has many original features including impressive exposed beams, but is not listed.
Its accommodation covers 3,763 sq ft, including three reception rooms, a playroom and study.
You may also want to watch:
On the first floor, the master bedroom has a dressing room which could be adapted to incorporate an en-suite. There are also five further double bedrooms, a family bathroom and a modern shower room.
The main driveway to the house opens off the A140, and there is a garage, parking and turning area, as well as an enclosed, shingled courtyard.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
A multi-purpose studio/games room, including a cloakroom and the utility/laundry room for the main house, could potentially be converted into an annexe.
For more details, contact Jackson-Stops in Ipswich on 01473 218218.