Ivy Cottage - Pretty thatched cottage in Diss that needs some TLC
- Credit: Archant
Auctions are often places to pick up a bargain.
Property auctions are one way of buying houses too; often hard-to-sell houses, or ones that need a considerable amount of TLC.
Ivy Cottage is expected to attract keen interest at the TW Gaze property auction, at Diss, on April 30.
The Grade II listed home, set in one acre of gardens and ground, is now in need of full refurbishment.
You would need to willpower, knowledge and funds to turn it back into a rather special home.
You may also want to watch:
Ivy Cottage is tucked away in the popular village of Palgrave, in the Suffolk/Norfolk borders area.
There are plenty of amenities in Diss about 10 to 15 minutes walk away.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 6 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 10 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
Bury St Edmunds is 18 miles.
This Grade II listed home offers three reception rooms, a kitchen, utility, six bedrooms, two bath/shower rooms, and a cellar/office.
There is also a part-completed one bedroom annexe and a large workshop.
The auction guide price is £200,000 to £300,000.