Ivy Cottage - Pretty thatched cottage in Diss that needs some TLC
- Credit: Archant
Auctions are often places to pick up a bargain.
Property auctions are one way of buying houses too; often hard-to-sell houses, or ones that need a considerable amount of TLC.
Ivy Cottage is expected to attract keen interest at the TW Gaze property auction, at Diss, on April 30.
The Grade II listed home, set in one acre of gardens and ground, is now in need of full refurbishment.
You would need to willpower, knowledge and funds to turn it back into a rather special home.
Ivy Cottage is tucked away in the popular village of Palgrave, in the Suffolk/Norfolk borders area.
There are plenty of amenities in Diss about 10 to 15 minutes walk away.
- 1 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 2 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 3 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 4 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 5 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 6 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 7 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 8 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 9 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 10 Torquay sign two released Ipswich Town players
Bury St Edmunds is 18 miles.
This Grade II listed home offers three reception rooms, a kitchen, utility, six bedrooms, two bath/shower rooms, and a cellar/office.
There is also a part-completed one bedroom annexe and a large workshop.
The auction guide price is £200,000 to £300,000.