See inside this £3.5m home for sale for the first time in a ‘secret valley’ near Woodbridge
- Credit: Archant
The property, which has a ‘leisure wing’ featuring a jacuzzi, endless pool and home gym, has come up for sale just two miles from Woodbridge.
Selling agents Jackson-Stops describe Mulberry Court in Old Martlesham, near Woodbridge, as a “handsome and lavishly appointed New England-style residence in a secluded secret valley” – and it’s easy to see why.
Nestled in private grounds amidst the woodland of the Fynn river valley, the property, with its part-brick, part-panelled exterior, really does mimic the scale and style of those homes so beloved across the pond.
Some parts of the property date back to 1830 and, over the years, the original late Regency cottage has been beautifully restored and substantially extended. It is now for sale for the first time on the open market, priced at £3,500,000, and combines far-reaching grounds with luxury living space.
Accommodation extends to approximately 5,689 sq ft and includes a central reception hall, sitting room, dining room and fully fitted kitchen with quartz work surfaces on the ground floor. There is also a study with a vaulted ceiling, a butler’s kitchen and an elegant drawing/dining room featuring full-height sash windows.
You may also want to watch:
The ground floor also features a wealth of leisure facilities, including a jacuzzi, endless pool and studio/home gym. There is also a separate changing room with a shower room, and an external door that leads outside and into the gardens.
The master suite is found on the first floor and includes a vaulted bedroom, twin dressing rooms and a luxury bathroom. There are also three further bedrooms, each with en suite bath or shower rooms.
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
The unique position of the property means that all rooms in the house enjoy stunning views over the gardens and grounds – many are, in fact, double and triple-aspect, with wide French doors opening out on to the surrounding terraces.
In total, the grounds extend to approximately 6.5 acres, with a ‘Monet’ pond, well-maintained lawns and a Georgian-style summer house. There is also a meadow, extending to around two acres.
Mulberry Court also comes for sale with a separate, newly-constructed coach house. This not only provides garaging but could also be used as a guest/staff annexe or a home office, and features a spacious first-floor room, two bedrooms, a bathroom and an open-plan living area on the ground floor.
For more information, contact Jackson-Stops on 01473 218218.
Mulberry Court, Old Martlesham near Woodbridge
Jackson-Stops, 01473 218218, www.jackson-stops.co.uk