Poplar House - A classic village home in Beyton
- Credit: Archant
Poplar House is a classic village house, with an annexe, and with superb landscaped gardens, at Beyton near Bury St Edmunds.
Beyton is a lively mid Suffolk village, seven miles to the east of Bury St Edmunds, with All Saints Church and a wide variety of local clubs and organistions.
They include a toddler group, environmental group, a tennis club and a swimming club.
This seven-bedroom elegant village home has classic good looks and provides two-storey family accommodation.
It also has a guest annexe and the landscaped grounds extend to approximately one acre.
The house has 17th century origins with later 18th and 19th century additions.
Today it offers a clever blend of formal entertaining spaces with a relaxed family atmosphere.
- 1 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 2 Matchday Live: Needham Market v Ipswich Town team news and updates
- 3 Needham Market 0 Ipswich Town 7: Chaplin nets hat-trick
- 4 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 5 McKenna: Pre-season results are not important
- 6 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 7 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 8 Town haven't taken option to sign Bakinson
- 9 Rogue trader in white van visits homes in west Suffolk
- 10 Photo gallery: Needham Market v Ipswich Town
Poplar House retaims much of its period charm and features, which are echoed throughout the garden where there is a formal pleached lime avenue, a reflection pool and summerhouse, as well as an entirely enclosed (netted) vegetable and soft fruit garden incorporating a classic historic greenhouse.
On the ground floor there is a drawing room, dining room and snug, a kitchen/breakfast room and a utility room, a cellar,
There are seven bedrooms, two of them in the annexe.