Poplar House - A classic village home in Beyton
- Credit: Archant
Poplar House is a classic village house, with an annexe, and with superb landscaped gardens, at Beyton near Bury St Edmunds.
Beyton is a lively mid Suffolk village, seven miles to the east of Bury St Edmunds, with All Saints Church and a wide variety of local clubs and organistions.
They include a toddler group, environmental group, a tennis club and a swimming club.
This seven-bedroom elegant village home has classic good looks and provides two-storey family accommodation.
It also has a guest annexe and the landscaped grounds extend to approximately one acre.
You may also want to watch:
The house has 17th century origins with later 18th and 19th century additions.
Today it offers a clever blend of formal entertaining spaces with a relaxed family atmosphere.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
Poplar House retaims much of its period charm and features, which are echoed throughout the garden where there is a formal pleached lime avenue, a reflection pool and summerhouse, as well as an entirely enclosed (netted) vegetable and soft fruit garden incorporating a classic historic greenhouse.
On the ground floor there is a drawing room, dining room and snug, a kitchen/breakfast room and a utility room, a cellar,
There are seven bedrooms, two of them in the annexe.