Suffolk builder and designers LABC `best individual home’ award
- Credit: Chevron Photography
Regional LABC award for a unique Suffolk home with two faces
Suffolk builders Maple Building Services, based in Long Melford, was an award winner at the reginal LABC awards, held at King’s College, Cambridge.
Maple Building Services attended the finals and won the LABC (Local Authority Building Control), 2018 Excellence Award for best individual new home.
The award was for a 2017 new-build Hartwood House, near Bury St Edmunds and shared with Dean Jay Pearce Architectural Design and Planning Ltd, also based in Long Melford.
Darren Howard, managing director of Maple Building Services said: “This is a really unique house.
“I will probably never build another one like it.
“The owners had a site with an old bungalow, with permission to replace it. But the plans were pretty dull.
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 4 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 5 Town take up option on Tyreece Simpson... plus two other youngsters update
- 6 Suffolk celebrates! Full list of county's 185 street parties for the Queen's jubilee
- 7 River turns white after limestone powder spillage
- 8 Man admits sex offences against children dating back to 2005
- 9 Dog walker in his 70s suffers cuts and bruises after attack in west Suffolk
- 10 New curator appointed at Suffolk tourist attraction
“They came to me, and I suggested they speak to Dean Pearce about a new design, we often work closely together.”
“He came up with a design which reflected their wishes.
“We have never done something like this before.
“It has a Georgian style front with traditional features like Flemish bond and bow brick work.
“At the back it is ultra-modern with aluminium glazed windows and it has solar slates.
“It is so perfect, it looks false.
“Perhaps it is why it stood out for the judges.
“We have won LABC awards before, includingvb Most Consistent Builder, but this is the one everyone wants to win, for best individual new home.
“We are very pleased and proud.”
The winning regional award winners now go for judging in the national finals, with the winners announced later in the year.