Suffolk estate agent offers viewings by boat for unique Orford property
- Credit: Lucy Halpin
A Suffolk estate agent has adopted a novel way to sell one of its latest instructions, inviting potential buyers the chance to view it by boat.
Quay Lodge in Orford is being marketed jointly by Suffolk Coastal and Castle Estates for £975,000.
Managing director of Suffolk Coastal, Tim Day, says that the riverside viewings are a wonderful way to showcase the property, which is around four miles upriver from Aldeburgh and includes up to four bedrooms, two bathrooms and a kitchen/diner.
It has been designed to optimise its unique riverside location, which also has views of the sea, and includes a large reception room on the first floor, as well as a balcony and a walled garden.
"We will be offering prospective purchasers an alternative way to come and view this property," explains Mr Day. "It is a wonderful way to showcase a superbly located riverside property and we hope that our efforts produce a buyer".
You may also want to watch:
In order to qualify for the unique viewings by boat, buyers will need to show evidence that they can proceed with a purchase and have the necessary funds from a sale or other means to transact.
They will be collected from Aldeburgh Yacht Club by a local experienced captain, who will travel up the River Alde and pass through the picturesque Orford Ness National Nature Reserve, before disembarking at Orford Quay.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 7 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 8 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 9 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
Tim Day will then be there to greet prospective buyers and show them around the property, before accompanying them back to the boat for the return leg to Aldeburgh.
For more information, contact Suffolk Coastal on 01728 677980.
Quay Street, Orford
Guide price: £975,000
Suffolk Coastal, 01728 677980, www.suffolkcoastal.com
Would you like to stay up to date with the latest property news in your area? Sign up to our East Anglian Daily Times newsletter for our pick of the best local property stories.