See inside this pretty Snape cottage for sale for over half a million
- Credit: Clarke and Simpson
A three-bedroom cottage believed to be part of a former granary building has come up for sale in Snape for over half a million pounds.
The Granary is for sale with Clarke and Simpson for £550,000 and believed to have been the original granary for neighbouring Snape Hall, a 16th century long house.
The property offers spacious accommodation, particularly on the ground floor, where there is a large open-plan living area overlooking the front garden and a brick inglenook fireplace, which houses a wood-burning stove.
A separate garden room connects the cottage to the neighbouring property and has south-facing bi-fold doors that open out on to the rear patio, as well as a skylight and a handy shelved alcove.
Also on the ground floor is a breakfast room with an Aga and a well-fitted kitchen, complete with several integrated appliances. There is also a utility room and a downstairs cloakroom, while the property's three bedrooms and bathroom are located on the first floor.
Clarke and Simpson say that the property appears in very good order throughout, and in recent years has been refurbished and furnished with new plumbing and electrics.
Outside there is ample parking and access to a double cart lodge, which is fully powered.
- 1 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 5 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Accrington Stanley: Blues fight back to beat scrappy visitors
- 7 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 9 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 10 Town loanee Kenlock scores first professional goal on Colchester debut
The grounds extend to around a third of an acre, and the main garden sits to the east of the cottage. It is very private as it's enclosed by a combination of walls, fencing and hedging. Although it is mainly laid to lawn, it also has a vegetable garden and barbecue and patio area, as well as a garden shed and log cabin.
Contact Clarke and Simpson for more information.
Church Road, Snape
Guide price: £550,000
Clarke and Simpson, 01728 571031
Would you like to stay up to date with the latest property news in your area? Sign up to our East Anglian Daily Times newsletter for our pick of the best local property stories.