See inside this listed Woodbridge apartment for sale for £550,000
- Credit: Fine & Country
A Grade II listed apartment above a shop in Woodbridge has come up for sale at a guide price of £550,000.
Part of a timber-framed building that is believed to date back to the 18th century, 72 Thoroughfare is for sale with Fine & Country.
Because of its age, it offers well-proportioned rooms with exceptionally high ceilings and a number of distinctive period features. The shop front, below, is thought to have been added a century later.
The apartment is accessed by a private entrance at street level, with a communal courtyard and a designated parking space out back.
In the entrance hall there is access to a cellar and a utility room/WC, before a set of carpeted stairs rise to the first and second floors.
On the first floor there is a sitting room with two sash windows at the front, plus an arched alcove and an ornate fireplace.
The adjacent garden/dining room also has a feature fireplace and oak floors, as well as a set of French doors that open out on to a first-floor terrace.
From here there is an elevated area of decking, which has lovely views overlooking the award-winning Elmhurst Park.
Back in the apartment, the modern fitted kitchen is equipped with an extensive range of built-in appliances, as well as quartz work surfaces and a central island, which offers a breakfast bar and lots of additional storage.
The main family bathroom is luxurious, with an attractive black and white colour scheme, free-standing bath and a double shower.
The second floor is accessed by a further carpeted staircase and leads on to a single bedroom and two good-sized doubles. Both doubles feature fitted or built-in wardrobes and one also has an en suite WC and vanity unit. There is also a box or loft-style room, suitable for storage.
Ground rent is charged at £75 a year and includes right of access and parking to the rear of the property.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, contact Fine & Country.
Guide price: £550,000
Fine & Country, 01394 446007, www.fineandcountry.com
Would you like to stay up to date with the latest property news in your area? Sign up to our East Anglian Daily Times newsletter for our pick of the best local property stories.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 5 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 6 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 7 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 8 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 9 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave