See inside 'spacious' home with river frontage on the market for £795,000
- Credit: Jackson-Stops
Take a look inside this "spacious" family home with a river frontage on the market with a guide price of £795,000.
Lodge Barn sits in the village of Sicklesmere, just outside Bury St Edmunds in west Suffolk, and is a four-bedroom barn-style family home with about three acres of land.
Listed by Jackson-Stops, the property has "excellent river frontage" for those who want their future home to be close to nature, but there is also "good scope for improvement" to the building should any potential buyers wish to make changes.
On the ground floor, there is a reception hallway, sitting room, dining room, playroom/snug, office/study, kitchen/breakfast room, utility/boiler room and a cloakroom.
Upstairs, there is the master bedroom with en-suite bathroom, guest bedroom with en-suite shower room, two further double bedrooms, a family bathroom and a box room/loft.
Outside, a shared gravel drive breaks off to a private parking area which gives access to a double garage.
The grounds also hold a dilapidated tennis court which could be resurfaced and a large workshop/barn that needs renovation to the walls and roof.
The main gardens, overlooked by two terraces opening from the house, are principally lawned with shrub and tree borders, a greenhouse and there is also a courtyard garden to the side of the house with a gate to the shared pedestrian access, leading back to the front.
- 1 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 2 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 3 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 4 'It riles me to the core' - Anger as sofas dumped near Suffolk beauty spot
- 5 'The children were buzzing' - Ed Sheeran sends video to Suffolk school
- 6 Four-bedroom cottage on Dunwich clifftops for sale for £295k
- 7 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 8 Ranking every League One away kit from worst to first
- 9 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 10 Green light for eight homes in Suffolk village after plans revised
Sicklesmere is an "attractive and popular village" to the south of Bury St Edmunds and features a "well-renowned" public house, the Rushbrooke Arms, and a village store and post office.
The property is a freehold tenure.