Magpie Routledge to become a Swan
Newcastle United winger Wayne Routledge is set to seal a move to Premier League new boys Swansea City,
Subject to a medical the 26-year-old will sign a three-year deal to join Brendan Rogers’ side as they look forward to their first season in the top division of English football since 1983.
The wideman has been the subject of some speculation over the summer with Championship sides Nottingham Forest and Leicester City showing interest, as well as QPR - the club he helped to promote last season.
Routledge had two years remaining on his contract at Newcastle but he was deemed surplus to requirements at St James Park, having spent the second half of last season on loan at the R’s.
Swansea originally had a �1.5m bid rebuffed by Alan Pardew but a second, undisclosed offer was accepted.
You may also want to watch:
The ex-England Under 21 international is expected to make his Swansea debut tomorrow night in a pre-season friendly against Scottish giants Celtic at the Liberty Stadium.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 4 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 5 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 6 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 7 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 10 7 pretty villages in Suffolk