Manchester United close in on Kaka as Owen nears Everton move
MANCHESTER UNITED are closing in on another high profile signing with the arrival of Brazilian attacking midfielder Kaka.
The Daily Mail reports that Real Madrid have offered the 30-year-old on a season long loan, as the midfielder has fallen down the pecking order at the Bernabeu. The former World Player of the Year was an unused sub for Jose Mourinho’s side in yesterday’s 1-1 draw with Valencia.
United are also close to signing Dutch fullback Alexander Buttner from Vitesse Arnhem, with the 23-year-old set to sign a five-year-deal (Manchester Evening News).
Meanwhile, the future of United’s former striker Michael Owen looks set to be finalised soon, as the forward who has previously been strongly linked to Stoke City is nearing a move to Everton (Daily Mail).
Manchester City have joined Chelsea in the race for Fiorentina striker Stevan Jovetic, with the �25million rated forward also wanted by Serie A champions Juventus (Metro). Mancini has said he will look for a new striker if the injury which saw Serio Ag�ero hobble off yesterday turns out to be serious (Guardian).
You may also want to watch:
The league champions are ready to offload a couple of their squad before the end of the transfer window, with Sunderland having lodged a �10million bid for winger Adam Johnson (Daily Mail).
Elsewhere, Arsenal’s Marouane Chamakh is linked with a shock move with North London rivals Tottenham on loan, after the 28-year-old was left out of the squad against Sunderland on Saturday (Daily Mirror).
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Detective who trained generation of officers retires after 45 years
Another Gunners striker heading for the exit is Nicklas Bendtner, who could be heading to AC Milan in a swap-deal that would see centre back Philippe Mexes move to the Emirates (The Sun).
Champions League winners Chelsea have again been linked to Wigan forward Victor Moses, although Roberto Di Matteo would need to meet the �9 million valuation to get him away from the DW Stadium (Daily Telegraph).
In the Championship, Bolton Wanderers want to take Jay Spearing on a season long loan from Liverpool, who is deemed surplus to requirements at Anfield after Joe Allen’s arrival from Swansea City (Daily Mail).