Milner misses training
James Milner was the most significant absentee from training today as Fabio Capello’s men stepped up their preparations for their World Cup Group C opener against the United States on Saturday.
JAMES Milner was the most significant absentee from training today as Fabio Capello’s men stepped up their preparations for their World Cup Group C opener against the United States on Saturday.
With their final warm-up match out of the way – a 3-0 victory over local South African side Platinum Stars yesterday– Capello can start to work out the final details of his intended starting line-up.
Milner does not seem likely to be in it, and after reporting a slight temperature was confined to the team hotel this morning.
Chelsea duo Ashley Cole and Joe Cole spent the morning in the gym, the former as a matter of course the day after a game, the latter as the only England player to complete the full 90 minutes yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
They were joined by Ledley King, who does most of his training in the gym, while Shaun Wright-Phillips took it easy after picking up a knock to his knee.
The remainder completed a light session, including keeper David James who has been struggling with a minor knee problem. He played no part in yesterday’s game and seems highly unlikely to figure against the United States.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 5 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 7 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 10 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
Gareth Barry was also there following his revelation yesterday that he will train with the main England squad from now on, even though he has also ruled out an appearance in Rustenburg on Saturday night.