New Blackburn Rovers midfielder Dickson Etuhu swayed by club’s ambition
Ipswich v Blackburn: Rovers new midfielder Dickson Etuhu has said dropping down to the Championship and joining Blackburn Rovers from Fulham was a “no-brainer”.
The all-action midfielder signed for �1.5 million last week and immediately targeted an instant return to the Premier League with Blackburn, who start their campaign at Ipswich Town next Saturday.
The 30-year-old, who should line up alongside fellow new boys Danny Murphy and former Sporting Lisbon attacking midfielder Diogo Rosado in a new-look, experienced midfield, said: “Blackburn were interested in me in January as well, so when I heard about their interest again I wanted to listen to the plans of the club and where they wanted to go.
“I spoke to the manager, he told me his plans, of how he wants to play and the direction he wants to take the club.
“Once I heard of the ambition that the club has it was a no-brainer for me.”
“After playing for Fulham for so many years, I had some great years there, I felt it was time to move on.
“I wanted something different and this is exciting to me, coming to a big club like this in the Championship, there are some quality players so I thought it would be good to be part of that.”
- 1 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 6 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county
- 7 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 8 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 9 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 10 'Fans are disgruntled - I understand it' - Cook on Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
Rovers are still keen to add new faces before the trip to Suffolk with the Lancashire Telegraph reporting that the club is close to signing Turkish striker Colin Kazim-Richards on loan.
While manager Steve Kean is hoping to team him up with former Town youngster Jordan Rhodes, he is also said to be looking at 20-year-old Manchester City striker John Guidetti.