New Blackburn Rovers midfielder Dickson Etuhu swayed by club’s ambition
Ipswich v Blackburn: Rovers new midfielder Dickson Etuhu has said dropping down to the Championship and joining Blackburn Rovers from Fulham was a “no-brainer”.
The all-action midfielder signed for �1.5 million last week and immediately targeted an instant return to the Premier League with Blackburn, who start their campaign at Ipswich Town next Saturday.
The 30-year-old, who should line up alongside fellow new boys Danny Murphy and former Sporting Lisbon attacking midfielder Diogo Rosado in a new-look, experienced midfield, said: “Blackburn were interested in me in January as well, so when I heard about their interest again I wanted to listen to the plans of the club and where they wanted to go.
“I spoke to the manager, he told me his plans, of how he wants to play and the direction he wants to take the club.
“Once I heard of the ambition that the club has it was a no-brainer for me.”
You may also want to watch:
“After playing for Fulham for so many years, I had some great years there, I felt it was time to move on.
“I wanted something different and this is exciting to me, coming to a big club like this in the Championship, there are some quality players so I thought it would be good to be part of that.”
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 8 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 9 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 10 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
Rovers are still keen to add new faces before the trip to Suffolk with the Lancashire Telegraph reporting that the club is close to signing Turkish striker Colin Kazim-Richards on loan.
While manager Steve Kean is hoping to team him up with former Town youngster Jordan Rhodes, he is also said to be looking at 20-year-old Manchester City striker John Guidetti.