1,000 Faces of Colchester project hits its target
- Credit: Archant
A project to photograph 1,000 people to unlock a £1,000 donation to the Tom Bowdidge Foundation has been completed.
Gavin King, 35, launched the Faces of Colchester with the promise of the donation from Kerseys Solicitors.
He pushed past the finish line with a photo shoot at the Colchester Half Marathon.
Anthony Wooding, Kerseys managing partner, said: “We’re delighted the target has been reached and extremely grateful to everybody who helped out.
Gavin added: “This was challenging, fun and very rewarding. It’s great to have completed it and all for such a worthy cause.”
You may also want to watch:
The foundation was set up by the family of Tom, a student at Colchester Royal Grammar School from West Bergholt who raised £170,000 for charity before he died of stomach cancer, aged 19, in October 2013.
Tom’s dad Richard said: “This is fantastic news and the money will help towards our cause. We’re touched that so many people got behind the campaign and I’m sure Tom would have been proud.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 10 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast