�1,000-worth of fish and chip suppers up for grabs
THE Great British institution of fish and chips, sprinkled with salt and vinegar, is a family favourite.
Now a renowned fish and chip shop in Sudbury is offering one lucky winner more than �1,000 worth of the culinary delight in a year.
Michelle and Steve Boggis, of Ye Olde Fish and Chip Shoppe, in Cross Street, are offering the prize, which should see a family-of-four satisfied until autumn 2011.
Mr Boggis said: “We did it in 2005 and we just thought it was about time we offered it again what with the economy and the recession and everything.
“We just thought it would be something good to offer a family – a free meal once a week for a whole year, up to the value of �20, and it works out over �1,000 in a year.”
You may also want to watch:
The offer is first prize in a raffle to help raise money for St Gregory CEVCP School in Church Street, Sudbury, where Mrs Boggis is a helper, and it will be drawn at the school fete on Saturday. The fete, from 1.30pm to 4pm, includes a barbecue and a soak the caretaker and headteacher game.
St Gregory’s headteacher Philip Knowles said the Friends of the school would be raising money over the coming months to replace play equipment which was about 16 years old, and the fete was the “big push.”
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
Mr Knowles said: “It’s something that’s very well-used anyway by the children and the families of the school and they really value it and enjoy it, and we are actually involving the children in designing the new trail.”
The fete is normally held in the summer term, but due to a change of personnel in the Friends group it is being held this Saturday.
Raffle tickets can be bought from the school.