Top 10 marathon target for Sam
- Credit: SAM WALKER
Runner Sam Walker will be clocking up the miles with a gruelling 10 marathons in 10 days for charity.
Sam, of Great Cornard, near Sudbury, is taking on the challenge to raise £3,000 for the Bright Horizons Foundation for Children.
This is a charity which creates play environments for children in places such as domestic refuges, homeless shelters, hopitals and prisons.
Sam, who is deputy manager of Great Cornard Nursery and Pre-School, said: "They enable children to have fun, learn and heal from trauma through play.
"I've raised money for two of these now, it's a charity that's quite close to what I do in working with children."
You may also want to watch:
Mum-of-two Sam will be running the marathons from Thursday June 27 to Saturday July 6 and was feeling quietly confident.
"I've done 20 marathons to date but this is definitely my biggest challenge so far," she said.
Donations can be made at Sam's JustGiving page.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 3 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 4 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 5 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 6 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 8 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 9 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season