39 year-old arrested after schoolgirl grabbed by the coat in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
A 39-year-old man is being questioned after a primary schoolgirl reported being grabbed by the back of her coat in Bury St Edmunds.
A 10-year-old girl reported that she was walking along Abbeygate Street when she was approached by a man who grabbed the hood of her coat and asked if she wanted to go to his house.
The girl ran away and was unharmed but was left very shaken by the ordeal.
The incident took place between 8.15am and 8.45am on Wednesday October 3.
Police have arrested a 39-year-old man from the local area on suspicion of common assault.
You may also want to watch:
He has been taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre where he will be questioned by officers.
Witnesses or anybody with any information are asked to call Bury St Edmunds Police on 101 quoting reference 56982/18.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 8 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 9 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 10 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views