11 news homes to be built at Cockfield during second phase of development
- Credit: Orwell Homes
A further 11 new dwellings are to be built as part of the second phase of a development at Cockfield, near Lavenham, which has already seen tenants move into affordable homes.
The 11 new homes will be built on the land north west of Mackenzie Place, in Cockfield, and the second phase comes after the completion of 18 affordable homes for local families which welcomed the first tenants this month.
The next phase will provide homes on the open market which should be available early next year, and will consist of a mixture of bungalows and houses, and are being built in partnership between Orwell Homes and local construction firm SEH French Construction.
Orwell’s assistant director of development and growth, Greg Dodds said: “Orwell Homes has ambitious development plans to grow as a business using the support and expertise in Orwell Housing Association which has developed from over 50 years of building in Suffolk and East Anglia.
"We pride ourselves on providing attractive and sought after homes working in partnership with local contractors and supporting the local economy."
You may also want to watch:
The work has come through an innovative joint funding partnership with SEH French Construction.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 3 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 4 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 5 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 8 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 9 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 10 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash