11 parks across Suffolk win Green Flag award
- Credit: East Suffolk Council
A number of Suffolk parks and nature reserves have been awarded a Green Flag award.
Alton Water, the Abbey Gardens and Felixstowe Seafront Gardens are among the 11 parks and green spaces in Suffolk to have been recognised by the awards.
The awards which is run by the environmental charity Keep Britain Tidy unveiled the 2,127 winning parks across the UK with 11 of those being in Suffolk.
The Green Flag Awards have been running since 1996, and recognise the "hard work of managers, staff and volunteers" who manage green spaces.
The 11 parks awarded the Green Flag award are:
You may also want to watch:
- Bourne Park
- Christchurch Park
- Felixstowe Seafront Gardens
- Alton Water
- Holywells Park
- Aspal Close
- Brandon Country Park
- East Town Park
- Nowton Park
- Abbey Gardens
- West Stow Country Park and Anglo Saxon Village
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 6 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 9 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 10 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period