12 national days you will be surprised exist
- Credit: Archant
From National Be Bald and Free day to National Dance like a Chicken Day - which one do you think is the strangest?
On January 12 everyone is encouraged to find their favourite redhead and give them a kiss.
Kiss a Ginger Day was created to bring kisses to those who may have once been teased for the colour of their hair.
You may also want to watch:
I don’t know about you but I can’t say I fancy taking part in this day.
National Shower Day is celebrated because winter is the coldest and loneliest season of the year.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 5 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 9 AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Ipswich Town: Woeful Blues well-beaten at Plough Lane in 'season-defining' game
- 10 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
The day is suppose to bring humour to the season while educating people on the benefits of showering in fresh filtered water.
A day dedicated to cheddar cheese coated puffs - get ready to have orange fingers.
To take part post a picture of yourself enjoying these cheesy treats with #NationalCheeseDoodleDay in the caption.
This day gives everyone the opportunity to say thank you and hug their local newsperson.
If you aren’t able to hug your newsperson, you can send them a virtual one. Use #HugANewspersonDay to post on social media. I think I can speak on behalf of everyone in this newsroom that a virtual hug would be preferred.
Are you proud of your chicken dance? Well here is your opportunity to show it off.
Take part in the day by uploading a video of yourself on social media doing a chicken dance with #DanceLikeAChickenDay in the caption.
How much better would work be with your four-legged-friend by your side?
A day dedicated to the companionship between canine and human, it hopes to inspire others to adopt dogs from shelters.
National Eat Your Beans Day is a live healthy holiday observed every year on July 3.
Did you know there are approximately 40,000 bean varieties in the world?
If you have a pair of underwear you want to show off August 5 is the day for you. To take part in this day you are encouraged to embrace your body image on social media and take a picture of you in your favourite undies with #NationalUnderwearDay in the caption.
In The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings Bilbo and Frodo Baggins share a birthday which is on September 22. This is why National Hobbit Day is celebrated on this day. To take part in the day you can read the books, watch the films or through your own Hobbit Day Party.
Are you bald? Well October 14 is your day to shine. The day is referred to as Bald and Free Day.
It is a celebration of the naked crown, it is there to recognise the beauty of baring the scalp.
If you need an excuse to make guacamole November 14 is it.
Call your friends, get the chips ready and celebrate with a bowl of spicy guacamole dip.
Buddy the Elf was played by Will Farrell in the 2003 movie Elf. To take part in the day simply answer the phone and say “(Insert your Name) the Elf, What’s your favourite colour.” Like Buddy does in his dads office in the film.