12-year-old arrested on suspicion of possessing a knife at shopping centre
- Credit: Archant
A 12-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of possessing a knife following a public order incident at a popular Suffolk shopping centre.
Police were called to the Arc shopping centre in Bury St Edmunds around 11.55am on Sunday after reports of a group of around six or seven youths damaging tables outside Costa Coffee.
The 12-year-old, from the Brandon area, was initially arrested on suspicion of causing harassment, alarm or distress under Section 5 of the Public Order Act, along with a 13-year-old girl and 13-year-old boy, who are both from Bury.
All three were taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre, where the 12-year-old boy was subsequently arrested on suspicion of possessing a knife or bladed article and on suspicion of possessing cannabis.
They have all since been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses are asked to call Suffolk police on 101, quoting crime reference 57423/19.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 8 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 9 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening