14-year-old boy thought to have been shot dead in Thurston - two teenagers arrested
- Credit: Staff
A peaceful Suffolk village is tonight in shock after the death of a 14-year-old boy from gunshot wounds.
Two teenagers were last night arrested on suspicion of manslaughter following the incident in Thurston.
A neighbour said: “It is terrible for everyone. Everyone is horrified. We all know one another and it will hit the community hard.”
Police were called to an address in the village by the ambulance service at 1.35pm following reports that a boy had sustained life-threatening injuries.
The injured teenager was taken to West Suffolk Hospital in a critical condition, where he died a short while later.
You may also want to watch:
At this early stage, police believe a firearm was shot, and are investigating the circumstances around the incident.
Reverend Manette Crossman, of nearby St Peter’s Church, said: “People in the village are absolutely horrified by what has happened today. Thurston is such a peaceful place and you don’t expect things like this to happen here.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 3 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 4 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 5 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 Five floating restaurants to visit in Suffolk
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
“Our thoughts go out to the family and we villagers will be there to support them through the incredibly tough weeks ahead.”
A couple who live close by and have six children, said: “We are shocked and horrified.”
Another neighbour described the aftermath and said first aiders tried to save his life.
Two teenage boys have been arrested on suspicion of` manslaughter and were last night being questioned at Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre.