15 things to see, do and eat at Taste of Sudbury 2019
- Credit: Archant
Meet producers, taste some of the best local food, learn from top chefs, and shop ‘til you drop at this year’s free food festival.
One of Suffolk's biggest and best free food festivals is back next weekend.
Taste of Sudbury returns to Market Hill and St Peter's Church on Sunday, June 9, with a focus on celebrating, sharing and discovering new and long-standing producers from Sudbury and surrounding areas.
More than 60 stalls will be sprawled along Market Hill, selling everything from herbs and wild boar sausage rolls, to award-winning sourdough bread, while inside the church, you'll discover local wines, venison, macarons and more.
The cookery theatre is back, with a line-up including bakers Will Wooster of Wooster's Bakery and Fiona Murphy of Moo Moo Cakes.
You may also want to watch:
And, new this year is a small farm space and second cookery theatre sponsored by Hollow Trees Farm and Ernest Doe.
The festival is open from 10am to an extended time of 6pm this year and free park and ride is in operations from 9.45am at The Delphi Car Park on Newton Road.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 9 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 10 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
Here are the top 15 best things to see, do and eat on the day according to organiser Justine Paul of Suffolk Market Events.
1. Start the day off with a quick lesson on how to bake the very best bread in your own kitchen with award-winning baker Will Wooster and his favourite sidekick, dad, Simon.
2. Meet the cutest feathered friends at the Hollow Trees Farm Stand outside the Town Hall.
3. Let the kids get messy at the ICE Kitchen Stand where free children's cooking activities will be taking place throughout the day.
4. Enjoy lots of free samples inside St Peter's where you'll find thirty fantastic stalls selling some of the region's very best local produce.
5. Take your four-legged friend to the Barkers of Suffolk stand and treat them to some homemade dog biscuits!
6. Grab yourself a free cotton shopping bag and fill it full of locally grown veggies from Brooke Lynne Farm Shop's stall inside St Peter's.
7. Enjoy an award-winning pint of Nethergate's craft ale, a glass of prosecco or a pint of Aspalls from one of our three bars.
8. Meet the award winning Hollow Trees Butchers on stage at 11.15am.
9. Enjoy the fantastic music of Lisa Day, Vintage Vocalist, outside St Peter's - there's bound to be lots of dancing!
10. Listen to the lovely Fiona Murphy from Moo Moo Cakes as she shares her secrets of amazing cake making!
11. Visit Suffolk Hideaways stand and get 5% off your next Staycation.
12. Watch some amazing local chefs on stage including Greig Young, Nicholas Traher and Carl Shillingford - and get a chance to taste their dishes.
13. Try some of the best street food including Uruguayan empanadas, crispy duck wraps, Greek souvlakis, creamy mac and cheese and vegan mezze platters.
14. Enter our brilliant competition and you could win a Turkish grill for two at Alaz.
15. Chill in our extended area outside the Town Hall with an ice cream from Hadley's Dairy.